Westminster City Council’s arms-length management organisation CityWest Homes is advising landlords to keep rents high and send their Housing Benefit claimant tenants to Tooting in Conservative-controlled Wandsworth, according to an email sent to residents and landlords in Westminster.

The email says;

“Where do all the ‘Housing Benefit Tenants go?’ If you have a tenant that is in receipt of Local Housing Allowance which has been capped in line with legislation that in turn has made it uneconomical for you to continue the letting? What should you do? Where does the tenant go? What does this all mean?

“The tenants can apply to be re-housed within Westminster if they qualify and if there are available properties, in the meantime they may be placed into temporary accommodation.

Temporary accommodation might not be within Westminster and due to demand for council properties may take some time, thus it might be wise for the…

View original post 241 more words


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s